Friday, December 30, 2011

if you've ever wondered what it's like to read my nightmare, keep reading.


in the ends of the dark there lies a void
evils like the blackness of a heart lie there
to cast their fear they must first shape your mind

the darkness in my head haunts me with every night i fall into it
never alone, they chase me into the dark alleyway at the heart of it all
there's a million seconds in the space of a minute
or reasons why i won't close my eyes.

the mystery of the world was solved in the mind of an animal 
criss-crossing scars lined the wings of a butterfly, it was easy to break
easy to die, just tell the faces to go away. 

every sound is the start of a heart attack, it's just around the door
it's in the back of my head, it's the thing that kills me
razor wires fill the spaces, monsters dance and breed like disease,
travesty reigns and imprisoned the light 
just so that it wouldn't escape to win back its love. 

i have nyctophobia.
goodbye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment