Tuesday, January 15, 2013

something i found in the back of my old notebook

right. so before i had the notebook i have now (where i write my stories and songs in,) i had this purple colour-hide notebook i'd write everything in.
i had this draft for an old story i had planed about a teleporter named Ivy that i scrapped since i didn't have enough time for it and i also had really detailed information about the Jack the Ripper murders in it as well. so, there were no limits for the colourhide. literally.
there was also some drawings my friends Luma and Georgia did that i ended up saving but getting to the point, i found half a song 10 year old me wrote. we were cleaning out the unit since mum only just realised how messy it was and my sister Ace chucked me my old folder to sort out the junk papers from the ones i needed and yeah, i found my colourhide, threw the draft in the bin, looked through the rest and found the song....
so with absolutely no edits whatsoever, as much as i'd like to make them, this is what my song-writing skills were like when i was 10.

When the last tower has fallen and you've opened your eyes,
you'll turn to me and ask if we'll survive
the missiles will scream and your demon will come
just to show you what you'll become 

destiny's fires have wiped me away 
and the waters of the ground will come and stay 
i'm running and laughing eventually fall
with tears streaming i'll hear my final call

at the start of the night the sun will shine 
and from the rubble of the universe it will all come together
we'll be linked as one and time will tell
whether rain will come and wipe away that ugly

and thus it ends. i have no idea what the last word in the last line was supposed to be but i think i wrote that at night-time or something and had to go to bed and never got around to finishing it. oh well. the whole thing kinda sucks but i felt like posting it as a spur of the moment kinda thing and god knows i'm gonna regret posting this in 2 days. anyhoo, enjoy your day

XOXO - Mountain Goat 

1 comment:

  1. damn, 10-year-old you was better at writing that i am now haha. do you think you'd ever finish the song? 'cause it's really cool.

    ReplyDelete