Wednesday, December 19, 2012

right. so. i feel like posting as much as i can before i go to sleep

The reason why i haven't been on blogger lately is because when i got tumblr, i got hooked. so many pictures to re-blog and all that, so i haven't really had much time to get around and post something. this is kinda a rant on stuff

Last Friday we had this school formal for my grade, and the dress code was "smart-casual." Now, this was written on the actual invitation so the day before the formal i went and got myself a new T-shirt and this blue denim jacket. i paired it up with my black jeans and black boots so all in all i think i looked pretty ok. my friends thought i looked good as well. but it seems that, for the rest of the grade, if you're a girl and you don't go out of your way to buy a new dress and be all girly, there's something wrong with you. people almost went out of their way to point out that i wasn't wearing a dress, and i was in fact, a girl. not everyone was opposed to it. some of the teachers, my friend circle, some people outside my friend circle whom i consider friends and some of the guys complimented me and said i looked nice but everyone else seemed almost not impressed at me. it was weird, to say in the least because it wasn't compulsory for the girls to wear dresses or anything and it almost made me feel angry that people were being all weird and saying "oh. you're not wearing a dress."

it actually did make me feel angry the next day because it was such a big deal that i wasn't wearing a dress, and on Monday some people made comments and asked "oh so like, why didn't you wear a dress or a skirt or something on Friday?" do i really have to wear a dress? no. i don't like dresses, i'm not girly and i don't wear makeup but you seem to have an issue with that don't you, generation Z? if someone was really not impressed at me wearing a boy's shirt and jacket, they would've said something. i wouldn't have minded because everyone's entitled to their own opinion but instead, everyone was reduced to staring and whispering behind their hands to the person next to me. it happened. i saw them. if they had something to say, something that they really wanted to say about me, they just should've said it to my fucking face.

anyway......moving on from that so i don't stay in a bad mood, today was the last day of school for everyone from grades K - 11 in Australia :) as usual, my school went on this trip to the reserve behind Chinaman's Beach and we pretty much got to do whatever we wanted. i brought along my electric guitar so people could sign it and i think i got around 30-ish signatures which was pretty cool.
my guitar is all scribble-y at the front now which looks kinda nice and i pretty much stuck a whole heap of pictures and notes on the back.
it was kinda sad though because i'm going to a different school next year and i had to say my goodbyes and stuff. most of my friends are coming to the new school with me but there's 2 going to different schools so the atmosphere was kinda depressing.
i said bye to a lot of my guy friends as well and i was shaking their hands so hard it almost resembled "let's see who's hand dies first due to loss of blood circulation" and at one point my friend Gene didn't wanna let go of my hand. i also had to say bye to my friend Aaron who i've known since Pre-School which......i dunno, all in all today's been a day full of nostalgia and thoughts that run along the lines of "Damn i should've hugged that person goodbye."

another thing that made me think about this year, was that on Monday my guitar teacher Sasha held a recital for all his students and once me and all the others were done singing and playing their guitars or pianos on stage, he gave this little speech that kinda went like
"Before all you guys go, i just wanna say that it's been an awesome year, and more importantly that it's been an honour teaching your kids how to play guitar or teaching them how to sing. i've watched them grow throughout the year, not just musically but mentally as well and it's been a real pleasure seeing their musical abilities expand and grow. i feel so blessed to have been able to teach them and i hope that i see all of them back in studio 5, hard at work in 2013."
to be honest, it really doesn't feel like it's been a year since i first started my guitar lessons but apparently it has. oh well........

anyway i didn't really mean for this post to turn into a whole nostalgia based post but it somehow did. anyway, i'm gonna post more often and i'm also gonna keep writing my story because if i don't write that often i'll eventually loose interest....

XO - Mountain Goat 

1 comment:

  1. dont worry renee!! you looked great at the farewell, no one at the 5/6N table was talking about you. they simply mentioned that you weren't wearing a dress. they didnt make nasty comments or anything. its even worse for me because im leaving EVERYONE in the group... :( you're leaving me and angie.. oh well.. we'll meet up another time :) btw, when you were gone... michael jang was giving out free hugs so i hugged him and he was hugging everyone so hard that you actually couldnt breathe and no one told me that before so i guess i kinda had to suffer -_- meh

    ReplyDelete